I get it. You’re a busy person and have loads of stuff on your plate. No matter how much work, how much effort you put in, it seems you’re nowhere near the success and happiness you except for yourself. Well, I’m glad to let you know there are some all around you. Beauty, happiness, and opportunities are here, waiting for you to notice them.
Here is a short list including just a few you’re not noticing right now.
- You woke up breathing.
- Your friends and family love you — even if they don’t say it.
- In 8,760 hours, a year will have passed. By then, you’ll have experienced and grown a lot.
- You’re having an idea right now. And another one now. And now too.
- You’ve outgrown some of your past hardships and will outgrow the rest at one point in the future.
- Your life is easier than someone else, elsewhere in the world.
- The love of your life is either close to you or out there, waiting for you to find her/him.
- You’ve become a better of you compared to yesterday. Tomorrow, you’ll be even better. In 10 years, you’ll be incredible.
- You have the opportunity to work on your passion if you want to.
- The sky isn’t the limit. There’s no such thing as a limit to your potential.
- The 2 minutes you spent on your goal yesterday are better than none.
- Your heart is pounding in your chest, reminding you of the life you’ve been granted.
- You’re already a master at something, even if you haven’t noticed it yet.
- There are positive outcomes in any situation, including the horrible one you might be in right now.
- Some people are rooting for you as you read this.
- The mistakes you did made you grow and avoid them in the future.
- You do have control over your life.
- You’re making progress every single day.
- You have slept at least a few hours.
- You have the time to work and what you love today. Even if not long.
- As the rain is bothering you but is still useful to the earth, what you don’t like might turn out to be a gift to future-you.
- It’s not too late. You can still start now.
- The cold wind on your face is waking you up.
- Even if today is bad, tomorrow will be here soon enough.
- New opportunities for you are appearing every second, waiting for you to grab them.
- Look at all you’ve already accomplished without even noticing it.
- If you enjoyed the break you took, then it served its purpose and wasn’t a waste of your time.
- You’ve survived the problems you had with your client.
- You’re only getting closer to the best version of yourself.
- All you need is to breathe. And, hey, you’re still doing it now, aren’t you?
So stop finding reasons to complain right now. Life is beautiful and full of opportunities. And, as long as you want it hard enough, it’ll only get better and better.
Still thirsty for more learning and discovery? Consider signing up for my newly created weekly newsletter in which I share insightful articles I read, along with my newest ones too.
Mathias Barra is a French polyglot living in Japan and who has learned 6 languages and dabbled in numerous others. Being a curious child full of wonders is how he keeps on learning and can’t stop sharing about every tiny idea, even non-language-related.